Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's the freakin' weekend!

The title of this post was inspired by R. Kelly's inspired tune, "Ignition" one of my favorite cheesy party songs from high school, which always reminds me of driving with my girlfriends in my friend Chelsea's Mustang to a spring break kick-off party sophomore year.

THOSE WERE THE DAYS.

While high school may be over, I am delighted that one of my closest friends from my schoolgirl days will be in NYC for a few weeks before embarking on a world tour performing opera, because she is casually the most talented person I have ever met.

It is such a joy to have her here. I love, love, love my friends in New York, but there is just something about spending time with someone who has known you for over a decade, through fun times and hard times, through changing and staying the same.

In addition to a weekend-long lady date, I am maximizing the cooler temperatures to get in some runs in preparation for my next race: the Queens half-marathon on July 30. I have been predictably delinquent in my training and was somewhat shocked that I actually completed the 11 mile run I had planned for yesterday. Listening to my new favorite throwback tune once or twice fourteen times consecutively certainly helped the time go by and I felt ahhhmazing the whole time, hooray!

THROWBACK! you're welcome.

Staying true to my #fitabs challenge, I also tossed in a few ab exercises. And by a few, I of course mean 100 because that is how many I am supposed to do daily. Luckily, 100 ab exercises is actually less intimidating than it sounds so it was no problemo!

WHO ELSE IS EXCITED THAT TOMORROW IS INDEPENDENCE DAY?!?!? It is my Christmas. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment