Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'll have an iced Hawaiian Tropic, SPF 8

So I already admitted to my deviant past with sunscreen usage. Yes, I used sunscreen with an SPF so low it might as well have been negative. Yes, I did put tanning oil on top of that in an effort to just really reverse any possible sun protection. So I am all too familiar with the delicious-smelling line of Hawaiian Tropics "sunscreens" and oils. Now that I have grown out of that stage, I still wonder why serious sunscreen can't smell so yummy? That coconut smell always signalled the start of summer and I can't tell you how many times I wanted to drink it straight out of the bottle.

Well, now I can have my sunscreen and eat it too. Sort of.

Yesterday, after a particularly stressful morning at work, I headed into the great outdoors for lunch (also, I forgot my pre-made lunch at home like a dang fool). Argo Tea recently opened a new location near my office and I felt I could find something crisp and refreshing in there. And that I did!

I settled into Madison Square Park sunshine with my garden lentil salad and my newest addiction: Iced Coconut Chai Tea with Soy Milk. It was love at first slurp. My instant reaction was "Tastes like sunscreen!" and I meant that in the best way possible. It really tasted as good as those Hawaiian Tropic lotions (can't even bring myself to call them sunscreen) smell. I anticipate many more in my future...and what a bright future it will be.

barefoot sunshine coconut lunch

3 comments:

  1. I just subscribed to your blog, I love it! SO glad you commented on mine so that I could find yours in return! (I actually laughed out loud reading the first line of 'Hot Yoga Surprise'. My puppy looked at me like I had lost my mind).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I'm not the only one who will associate certain foods with other non-food items. LOL

    I know what you mean about the Hawaiian Tropics lotion smells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That encapsulates my idea of a perfect lunch :)

    ReplyDelete