Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

who doesn't love a land that celebrates its flag with a fruity cake?
I've said it once, I've said it (literally) a million times: I. LOVE. AMERICA. I love it more than coffee, more than running, more than my bed, more than most of my friends...sorry, friends.

I am so thrilled that it is once again our nation's day of birth (I'm also a huge proponent of birthdays, so today packs a double-whammy for me) and we can celebrate the fact that we live in what is truly the home of the free and the land of the brave.

I know it's not a perfect land, but comparing America to the rest of the world, and to how governments have historically been run...well, we are extremely fortunate and have really a tremendous amount of freedom.

Today we are free to...

- write pointless blogs (case in point: what I am doing right now)
- wear whatever revealing double-denim ensemble we may choose
- run 26.2 miles - for fun.
- do something of merit, I guess.

Freedom is something not to be taken for granted, how are you using yours today?

No comments:

Post a Comment