Friday, July 8, 2011

Coffee: some is good, more is better.

Despite all of the rumors you've heard, New York City is actually not a relaxing place to live. Work atmospheres tend to be competitive and stressful, social schedules tend to be packed to the brim, and if you don't have 14 side hobbies, what are you even doing here?

It is both a blessing and a curse to be constantly busy. I am sort of a contradiction of a person in that while I am very outgoing, social and *ahem* bubbly...I am actually secretly a homebody. Nothing I love more than curling up with tea and a good book, having a friend over for a homemade dinner and conversation, taking a long walk, or watching an old re-run of Murder, She Wrote...I mean, what?!? Who said that!?

Welp, this weekend will not be one of those relaxing weekends.

Literally, every second is accounted for with parties (one of which is upstate!), a dinner, a trip to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden (my inaugural visit! so excited - and, for all you New Yorkers, admission to the garden is free before noon on Saturdays!), studying, running...whew!

I'm very excited, particularly as I will be seeing a few friends I don't get to see often, but also looking forward to a time in my life in which I can take a breather, take a walk, take the time to have a good phone date, do my laundry......

And on that note, it's time to visit my favorite baristas and get my 54 cent Starbucks refill. Yes, I know the exact cost, with tax.

couldn't do it without you.

Anyone else feel like they're always crazy busy...in their "free" time?

No comments:

Post a Comment