Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Party like it's 1999 - in cargos?

Do you remember the 90s? I was two and a half when they began so much of that decade is a blur {from all of my wild partying, obviously} but the late 90s were, for better or worse, a seminal point in my life.

In 1999, I graduated from elementary school, began junior high, finally got to choose my own hair cut, and bought my first pair of adult-Gap jeans {they still didn't fit, it was more of a principle thing}

I also idolized the clothing and the models in the monthly Delia*s catalogue - I wanted to look just like them, platform sandals, butterfly spaghetti strap tanks, baggy cargo pants (cargo pants, really?!?) and all.

In an awesome moment combining nostalgia and shame over past fashion mistakes, Refinery29 put together a slideshow of the 1999 Delia*s catalogue. If you were there, you will appreciate this.

head to toe 90s perfection

Happy Hump Day!

What were your favorite 90s fashions? Embarrassing junior high fashion moments?
Why were butterflies so popular?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Wednesday to you, too!! Thanks for stopping by today! You are just lovely. :)

    And yes, I have TOTALLY rocked some cargo pants in my day!

    ReplyDelete