Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lilly!

Lilly Pulitzer is one of my favorite brands for the following reasons:

1. I love her bright, colorful, playful patterns - they suit my style perfectly!

hiding my face, but not my lilly!

2. The company has built its brand around the idea that girls just want to have fun, that everyone can be youthful, that ladylike dress is always chic, and that life is too short to be boring. All of these statements could also be my personal mantra.

life is apparently long enough to pose awkwardly by fountains

3. The company was started by a young lady with a lot of gumption who wanted to create dresses that would hide fruit juice spills. I spill all the time so I can definitely relate.

but for the grace of God that birthday cocktail stayed off my Lilly

Lilly Pulitzer turns 80 years young today and I can think of only one way to celebrate...grab some more Lilly gear, grab a fruity cocktail and dance around with it with abandon...after all, if you spill it, no one will be able to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment