Friday, January 27, 2012

Just a few months late...

Did y'all catch the movie Drive? A few friends of mine have started a little "movie night" tradition, as one of my friends is a true film buff and the rest of us like to make as many immature observations as we can in the span of a feature length film. She loves hanging out with us, promise.

Anyway, last weekend we watched Drive (finally! I had been wanting to see it for months!) and, while I loved the cinematography and of course Mr. Ryan Gosling, my favorite part of the film was the uber-cool soundtrack. I feel a little high school-ish to be totally hooked on a movie soundtrack, but I'm not going to fight it. Particularly as this soundtrack reminds me a lot of being in high school: restless and a little angsty, always searching for something bigger, better and more exciting. It makes me want to go for a long, late-night drive with no real destination in mind. {did you ever do that in high school? we totally did; I even went on a date once where literally we just drove fast down back roads and talked about life}

For your listening and reminiscing pleasure:










If you saw Drive, did you like it?? Are you as worried about the psychological future of all of the characters as I am??
Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. I have not seen Drive but now I want to!!

    I wanted to let you know about a new blog FEST about food, style & travel. Come follow along as I document my wardrobe challenge: to not but any clothes in 2012. It's gonna be great. Also, be sure to join the site so you can enter the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEK! No shopping in 2012? That is an admirable, but daunting, goal!!

      Delete
  2. I'll be watching this with my BF when he's here in a few weeks! A coworker told me about the movie and said it was AWESOME. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you will both love it!! Enough romance and gory blood for both parties :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen it yet...but anything with Ryan Gosling has to be semi-good right?! :-)

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete