Thursday, October 20, 2011

Be careful what you wish for...

For all of September and the majority of October, I was shaking my fist at the lingering 80+ degree weather in St. Louis and anxiously checking weather.com in the hopes that the 5-day forecast would show updates on stomping in boots, layering in cashmere, and snuggling in scarves.

Well I definitely got what I wished for. The first weekend of October, I headed out west to Manitou Springs, CO for the wedding of a dear friend. And it snowed. Really, Colorado?!

the north pole: where I felt like I was

oh hello, scarves!

the pool I couldn't go swimming in


The following weekend, I headed to Chicago, a favorite city of mine that I hadn't visited since 2007. I had forgotten how accurate the moniker "The Windy City" is but was quickly reminded about two minutes following my arrival. Sweet succotash, it's like living inside of a tornado. I mustered up all of my strength and courage to go on a run along Lake Michigan and I am not exaggerating when I say that once or twice, I almost got swept up right into it!

on the other hand, I can't do this in STL

not the ugliest view I've had on a run!

While I am enamored with Chicago and all that it has to offer, I was actually looking forward to returning to sunny St. Louis. However, if any of you have been watching the World Series (and if you haven't, don't even bother telling me because we are done), you will have noticed that it is actually 40 degrees and raining here. 

So now I get to wear my scarves...but am I really happy about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment