Friday, January 20, 2012

Inspirational Friday!

I mentioned in my last post that frustrating moments can be wonderful as they offer us opportunities to grow and strengthen ourselves. In the past, I've allowed myself to throw raging pity parties in which I revel in my frustrations, my mistakes and whatever might be lacking in my life. As I've matured {sort of} I've recognized these habits in myself and developed methods to find joy in bleakness, calm in storms, blessings in every aspect of my life, and minor miracles every day. 

In the midst of all of my recent talk on ancient Indian ideologies, I thought I might mix in some other ideologies and introduce a favorite Bible verse that speaks to this same topic:

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance and endurance produces character, and character produces hope and hope does not disappoint.” –Romans 5:3-5

I hope that, regardless of your religious background, this verse inspires you to welcome the inevitable difficulties of life with an open heart, because they can shape you in beautiful ways.

Do you have any wonderfully inspiring quotations I should know about? Please share!
Enjoy your weekend!!!

1 comment: